Knowledge, Service and Efficiency is the motto given by Pujya Guruji for the Chinmaya Education Institutions. ‘Seva Sangam’ was organised to inculcate ‘seva bhava’ in the hearts of children through the teachers. 127 delegates from 55 Chinmaya Vidyalayas and Colleges, 4 Vision Schools and 7 CORD centres gathered in the ‘punyaboomi’ of CIRS, Coimbatore, from 7th -10th Dec 2010 under the aegis of CCMT Education Cell.
The inauguration itself lit the light of seva in all. The ice-breaking session made a breakthrough in ‘knowing and doing’ seva along with ‘learning and earning’ for a noble cause. The down to earth style of Swamini Vimalananda convinced all that seva should become our life style. She gave us important principles of giving and reinforced our attitude of gratitude. Swami Nikhalananda elevated ‘karma’ to the status of ‘Karma Yoga’ and gave away handouts on values of seva in the form of hand gestures. Dr. Kshama Mehtre struck a chord deep in our hearts through the work of CORD (Chinmaya Organization for Rural Development) and enhanced our sensitivity to the concepts of welfare and development. Our visit to CORD Siruvani, actualised our concepts of rural development.
Smt. Ambika Kameshwar challenged all to work with the challenged through her own story of dancing with the visually challenged. Brni. Kirti Chaitanya quizzed us and with a missionary zeal set us on the path to serving the Mission. Br. Rishi Chaitanya opened our vision to the infinite possibilities of seva as part of the Chinmaya Vision Programme (CVP) and showed us a little film on seva by little ones. Ku. Sandeepa Bhattacharjee talked about small steps in seva that can be tread by the small ones.
The Bal/Yuva Sevak Certificate and the Chinmaya Seva Award was a worthy take home product which will transform all who use it. We got to plan out our seva work and we promised to work out our plans to serve and deserve the grace of God and Gurudev. We are aware of our responsibilities we care about the welfare of others and we will therefore dare to make a difference in our own lives and in the lives of others through seva.
Padmashri Dr Kshma Mehtre, National Director CORD sums up what we all felt. “I have learnt a lot about seva at Seva Sangam and am too overwhelmed to express what I feel”
· Five Debts (Swamini Vimalananda)
· Role of Seva in Overall Development of Child (Rishi Chaitanya)
· Seva – Style or Lifestyle (Swamini Vimalananda)
· Rural Development (Dr Kshama Mehtre)
· Seva For Challenged Children (Smt Ambika Kameshwar)
· Charity and Development (Dr Kshama Mehtre)
· Seva Careers/Professions (Dr Kshama Mehtre)
· Karma Yoga (Swami Nikhilananda)
· Serve and Deserve (Swami Nikhilananda)
· Seva for Primary Students (Sandeepa Bhattacharje)
· Values through Seva (Swami Nikhilananda)
· Seva in Chinmaya Mission (Kirti Chaitanya)
· Seva and CVP (Rishi Chaitanya)
· Introduction of CBSC/CYSC and QA (Swamini Vimalananda)
· Sevak and Seva Dharma (Swamini Vimalananda)